July 2, 2018
52 Strings provides an opportunity for a workshop and performance with Camerata – Queensland’s Chamber Orchestra at HOTA: Home of the Arts on the Gold Coast.
Teachers and students interested in participating in the ensemble should be AMEB Grade 7 or above with the ability to learn and perform Vaughan-Williams Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis.
Saturday 21 July 2pm – 4.30pm
- 6.30pm-9.30pm Tuesday 4 September;
- 5pm-8pm Friday 7 September;
- 3pm-6pm Saturday 8 September
- 7.30pm Saturday 8 September
HOTA: Home of the Arts
135 Bundall Road
Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217
Teachers/registrants please note:
- Students (under 18) must be nominated/registered by their teacher.
- If you are a teacher registering students for this event, please indicate the number of students you are registering.
- When registering for the July workshop, it is essential that you/your students are available for the rehearsals and performance.
- Following the workshop, selected local players will be invited to play in a rare live performance of Penderecki’s 1960 Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima. This evocative work brings to life the terrifying sounds of war. The full orchestra will also tackle one of the most glorious and well-loved works of the string orchestra, Vaughan-Williams’s Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis.
To register or if you have any questions please call: 07 3846 3613 or email email@example.com