Camerata is thrilled that our concert, Home, performed earlier this year at the Conservatorium Theatre Griffith University was announced last night as a 2016 Helpmann Awards nominee for Best Chamber and/or Instrumental Ensemble Concert.
The nominees in this category are:
Camerata of St John’s – Home
Sydney Symphony Orchestra – Kirill Gerstein in Recital
Australian Brandenburg Orchestra – French Baroque with Circa
Festival D’aix-en-Provence – Winterreise
This was a truly special work which saw Camerata:
– Perform the Australian premiere of LA-based Australian composer Cameron Patrick’s Lines of the Southern Cross;
– Collaborate for the first time with the Aboriginal Centre of the Performing Arts. Four dancers joined the ensemble for a section of Patrick’s work, choreographed by Bradley Chatfield (ACPA’s Head of Dance);
– Showcase final year Conservatorium student and emerging artist, soprano Xenia Puskarz Thomas;
– Broadcast on ABC Classic FM;
– Employ 32 artists and 15 arts workers/front of house/technical staff in the production.
The awards ceremony will be held at the Lyric Theatre Sydney on 25 July and live broadcast on Foxtel.
A full list of nominated companies can be found on the Helpmann Awards website.