Start your career with Camerata – Queensland’s Chamber Orchestra!
Camerata has a long history of education for emerging artists, and has run an emerging artists program (Upbeat) since 2017.
Camerata’s Upbeat Program is designed to foster the next generation of Queensland-based musicians and provides a number of performance and rehearsal opportunities over twelve months to support career pathways for talented graduating or recently graduated artists.
The participants join Camerata to experience life as an Artistic Associate of Camerata, gain valuable industry insight, and be mentored by Camerata’s Artistic Associates.
Five high level players are appointed each year, typically 2 violinists, 1 violist, 1 cellist and 1 double bass player. From time to time, Upbeat Players are invited to audition for an Artistic Associate position in Camerata where these are open. Mentoring from Camerata’s Artistic Associates and management is also available.
How to apply:
- An expression of interest (one page max, PDF)
- One A4 page CV or list of relevant experiences to give an indication of where your playing is at, including two music referees and their full contact details (one page max, PDF)
- A link to a live performance or video that you have made. (While this does not have to be professionally created, note that sound quality and being able to see how your produce sound is taken into consideration.)
- Your availability during for Camerata’s 2024 Regional Tour, from mid-May to 9 June 2024
- Preference is given to players in their first three years after undergraduate study. Full time students may apply if they will be in their final year of study during the program. If in doubt, please email us via email@example.com.
- Friday 3 November 2023, 11:59pm
- Monday, 20 November 2023
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to audition by Friday, 10 November
- Successful applicants will be advised by Friday, 24 November
To apply (or for more information):
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Upbeat Application 2024” in the subject line, along with the information above.
We look forward to hearing from you!