It is with great regret that we inform you, due to the impact of COVID-19, the remaining mainstage performances listed in Camerata’s Season 2020 for Brisbane and Toowoomba have today been cancelled.
The essential information for you regarding the cancellation:
– Performances cancelled include: A Shot of Baroque, Concerto, and Endless Tango.
– Ticket refund information can be found below.
– Our Something Extra series featuring Orava Quartet’s October performance of Sunrise remains on sale.
As you can appreciate, the reduction of income has been an unexpected challenge. If you are in a situation where you may be able to consider a donation or gift to Camerata with the cost of your tickets, you will find ways to support the orchestra below.
This does not mean that you will not be hearing from us in 2020 though!
Other Camerata performances this year:
- 5@5: What began as a small idea has certainly taken on its own life. Today marks our 32nd episode and over the last six weeks, over 150,000 people have tuned in and tuned out to more than two and a half hours of music content. We continue to receive the most extraordinary feedback of how important this daily ritual has become. Head over to the new dedicated page on our website to hear the series in full or tune in each day at 5pm on Facebook.
- The Isolate Late Show: We are delighted to support the work of Naomi Price and Little Red Company’s smash online hit which has raised over $70,000 for Actors Benevolent Fund to distribute to local artists in need. Isolate is streamed online every Friday night from 8pm.
- World Bee Day: Stay tuned for an exciting project launching to celebrate World Bee Day with our good friends at West Village on their Facebook on 16 May. This project features a new work commissioned by Camerata and recorded by our artists from their homes.
As an employer of a large casual work force we are working on ways to ensure we provide employment opportunities, while adhering to directives from government.
We are committed to finding a way to work within the challenges of the current situation, responding to events as they unfold to continue providing you with wonderful music online and in live experiences again when possible.
Stay reading our e-news or follow us on Facebook or Instagram to be informed about new projects and performances over the coming months.
Ticket Refund Information
Please be assured all refunds will be processed in due course. The majority of these will be processed automatically and there is no need to contact QTIX unless your details have changed or you would like a refund for a rescheduled performance. If this is the case, please email email@example.com and include your name and booking reference number, but please do not include credit card information.
Given the volume of refunds QTIX is processing, this may take a little longer than usual and they ask for your patience.
Refund essential details:
- If you purchased ticket(s) using credit card or Paypal via QPAC, you will receive a refund of the full purchase price.
- If you purchased ticket(s) using cash or EFTPOS, QTIX will contact you to organise a refund.
We know this is a hard time for many, however if you are in a position to donate the price of your ticket to Camerata once refunded, we would be most grateful.
You can do so securely by visiting our Westpac GiveNow site and make a one-off gift.
All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.