Camerata – Queensland’s Chamber Orchestra is an unconducted chamber orchestra based in Brisbane, Australia. Camerata is a Company-in-Residence at Queensland Performing Arts Centre and gives around 100 performances annually through a mainstage series, festival appearances, collaborations, regional tours, livestreams, recording, and fundraising activities. Camerata regularly performs as Live Music Partner for Queensland Ballet, and is one of Queensland’s major orchestral services providers. The orchestra includes a core string orchestra with regular guest wind, brass and percussion players, and its activities are project based.
Camerata is currently seeking to increase its pool of Principal Oboe players, and seeks Expressions of Interest from experienced professional players. High level, recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
How to apply:
- An expression of interest (one page max, PDF) including:
- A dot point CV
- Name and contact details of two music referees who can speak to your performance experience and ability
- A link to a video recording/s that ideally include two contrasting works and/or scenarios (for example, a solo performance and a small ensemble/chamber music performance such as oboe with piano or oboe chamber music). Videos should ideally be recent recordings (within the last two years).
- Wednesday, 10 January 2024, midday
To apply (or for more information):
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “EOI Principal Oboe” in the subject line, along with the information above.
We look forward to hearing from you!